John A. Myer represents start-up companies from formation, through angel financing to merger or acquisition. He also negotiates bank or venture capital financing for established businesses and drafts contracts with companies’ employees, customers or vendors. In addition, Mr. Myer represents investment advisers who operate hedge funds and others who manage public mutual funds. Mr. Myer also advises the U.S. commercial enterprises on conducting offerings to immigrant investors in compliance with the requirements of the EB-5 Program.
Prior to moving to Seattle in 2004, he was an associate at Sullivan & Cromwell (New York and Frankfurt), White & Case (Miami) and Paul Weiss (London).
Before his career in law, Mr. Myer served as a financial analyst and management consultant with Arthur D. Little, Inc. He was also a member of the faculty of the Management Education Institute (now the Hult International Business School) where he taught courses in quantitative methods and financial modeling for MBA students.
Mr. Myer earned his JD, magna cum laude from the University of Miami, an MS in finance and international management from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and an AB in mathematics and economics, summa cum laude, from Dartmouth College. He is licensed to practice law in New York, Florida and Washington. Mr. Myer is a member of the Securities Committee of the Washington State Bar Association.
Mr. Myer grew up in Austria and speaks fluent German.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dispute Resolution Arbitrator for the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority. FINRA conducts binding arbitration in disputes between the investing public and brokerage firms as well as between brokerage firms and their licensed professionals.
- Dartmouth Entrepreneurial Network, Seattle Chapter Executive Committee
- Seattle Alternative Investment Association
- Washington Athletic Club -- currently Member of the Board of Governors and Chair of the Marketing & Membership Committee; formerly Chair of the Finance and Budget Committee and Club Treasurer, Chair of the Athletic Committee and Club Secretary, Audit Committee Member, Wine Advisory Committee Member and Human Resources & Benefits Committee Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Securities Law Committee
- King County Bar Association, Solo/Small Firms Section and Business Law Section
- Paying for Personal Representatives and their Attorneys May Cost You an Arm and a Leg, 49 U. MIAMI L. REV. 855 (1995)
- Online Securities Offerings and Investor Protection, COMPUTER L. REV. INTL. (6/2001) (written with Stephen Wilske and Sarah A. Barker)